Gate of Heaven, Part III: Mary, Mother of the Eucharist features the title hymn and eleven other hymns. To the Immaculata is a hymn in honor of Saint Maximilian Kolbe, and Lead, Kindly Light renders a musical setting of the Venerable John Henry Cardinal Newman’s youthful poem of the same title. Hymn to the Holy Name of Jesus (Parts I and II), and Christ, Our Only Way, the refrain of which sings, “O Jesus, Son of the Living God, have mercy on us!” use texts directly drawn from the ninth century Akathistos Hymn of the Eastern Byzantine Church. The text of Jesus, the Lord of Life is based on the composer’s reflections, while she was expecting twin boys, on the fetal life of Jesus Christ; and the Hymn to the Immaculate Conception is based on an anonymous translation of the text by the Franciscan St. Anthony Mary Fasani. Additionally, the hymn entitled Our Lady of the Rosary is based on the text written by Eurena of Sirena.
This listing is for the hardcopy CD. The album is also available for digital download here.
Click on individual songs below to listen to samples and purchase individually as MP3s.
Songs included on this CD:
- Mary, Mother of the Eucharist
- To the Immaculata (in honor of St. Maximilian Kolbe)
- Protectress of Christendom
- Hymn to the Holy Name of Jesus (Part I)
- Lead, Kindly Light (Ven. John Cardinal Newman)
- Jesus, the Lord of Life
- Hymn to the Immaculate Conception
- Christ, Our Only Way (Akathistos Hymn)
- Patroness (of Our United States)
- Hymn to the Holy Name of Jesus (Part II)
- Mystical Rose
- Our Lady of the Rosary